Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Art Gallery: Mike Tyson Eats Children


Mike Tyson Eats Children (2000)
Acrylic paints on paper, 20" x 30"

This painting was created with only two colors of paint, mixed with some kitchen floor tile enamel that I found in a basement. That was a nice discovery, and it mixed with the paints very nicely. The extra thickness of acrylics allow for more swirling and mixing around, which was a lot of fun. This was created after I had begun the watercanvas series, so I adopted those techniques to these paints.

The title was another gag, taken from a line Mike Tyson threw out during the promotion of one of his later fights before finally retiring.

Finally, is it just me, or do you see a face in the upper half of this piece? That's probably just my brain making trouble for me, finding patterns in everything just for kicks. But, still. I have too many "haunted" paintings in my collection. Weird.

No comments: